Thursday, November 26, 2009

Which Diet is best for me ?

So is it the Vegan Diet ?
the Lacto Vegetarian Diet ?
the Super Duper Fast Weight Loss Diet ?
the Flexitarian Diet ?
the Blood Type Diet ?

Everyone seems to claim their Diet is the best.
So Which one is best for me ?

It's not about which Diet is best
It's about YOU
It's about what you need
You may do a combination of several diets, take the best from each.
You may do whatever-name diet.
It doesn't matter.
Remember that Everyone is different.
What matter is the "Diet" (or "Diets") suits YOU best.

Nobody knows better than you do.... only You know which one is best for you
You need to Listen to your Body
You need to be open to new things
You need to play safe :)
Remember baby steps ?
If you're feeling lost, then get "help"
consult a physician, consult friends, ask around, do research
stay humble, stay open
Listen to your body
Don't force yourself
Some people might think that they're alright, but they could be on an unhealthy Diet and they're unaware of it, endangering their health. so Stay safe.
Find your best Diet, the best way to find out is to try it for yourself and not hear results from someone else.

We learn new things everyday
that's why some omnivores (most of us) go vegetarian after a while
that's why some vegetarians go vegan after a while
that's why some vegans go raw after a while
it's not compulsory that all of us go vegan forever
there's no rule telling you that
there's no judgement
If you're a non Vegan, don't judge Vegans
If you're a Vegan, don't judge the non Vegans

Just eat what you feel is right, Responsibly
Listen to your body
and always choose a good quality food whenever possible
and simply enjoy it and be Happy :)

Eating salad may be a whole lot healthier than eating a burger
but eating a salad and sulking and totally hating every bite of it, can be way worse than happily eating a burger.
start changing your diet little by little
don't drastically change your diet and limit yourself
but hey, if you have a strong motivation and will power, then by all means do so,
I changed my diet over a week and I was fine.
but for some people, changing their diet drastically requires tremendous efforts
and that's why people never stay on a "diet" for long
people just become overwhelmed and the body is not used to new things, though healthy,
some even experience the detox period of nauseas and even vomiting
and they tend to go back to their old eating habit and not learn anything from it
start small, just incorporate healthier things into your meal everyday and you'll definitely feel the difference.

a diet is what you eat
and a diet is for life
a diet is not to lose weight, it's to get your best weight and it goes along with a happy healthy life
it is always combined with a healthy lifestyle (happiness, exercise, purpose, breathing, love, enough rest, etc)

you always evolve and so will your diet
when you learn new things, when you discover new taste
when you feel better on a fresher healthier produce
you'll want more of it
and you'll slowly leave your old "diet" behind and enter this new world of learning and discovering new taste, new health benefits,
It may seem new, but it's been there forever, good quality organic vegetables and fruits are good for you.
Hey... good quality meat, fish, milk may also be good for you.

For me,
I've always been an omnivore all my life, where my weight has always been 1-2 kg overweight and when I go abroad, I always gain weight due to the dairy and sugar consumption.
I have such a sweet tooth.
But
I've been a healthy Vegan for 8 months now and I feel good, I've managed to stay on my best weight without even trying.
(I don't eat a lot of grains, fried food, refined sugar, refine flour, etc although sometimes I still do)
And recently I've started allowing myself to meat meat, fish, etc
I still am picky about what I eat, I try to choose the best quality ones whenever I can.
Am I still a Vegan ?
Does eating fish once after 8 mths of being Vegan make me a non Vegan ?
Does that make me an omnivore again ?
Does it even matter ?
Does it make me feel guilty ?
No....it did make me feel a little bit guilty before but not anymore.
I'm still mostly Vegan but I allow some meat, fish if I feel like I need it and not on a daily basis.
I try to eat as healthily as possible, whenever I can
I try to enjoy my food and be happy while eating it.
There's no point of sulking and dreading every bite of your so-called-healthy-food.
So I allow more variety of food, but I'm staying on the healthy Vegan side.
That's just me.
You need to find your best diet, and the best way to start is by starting to find healthier alternatives to your daily meal.
and slowly you'll learn more and your body will tell you which food makes you feel good, you'll want more of the Healthier Food.
Listen to your body, don't overeat and be Responsible, make the right choice.

And......
When we focus on the perfect Diet, we focus on food, healthy food even.
but we tend to forget that it's all connected, it's about everything.
It's about being purely sincerely Happy
No pressures
Let go of the small worries, there are bigger things in your Life
Have a meaningful Life
Love your Life
Exercise and Have Fun
Chew your food, yes Chew your food :)
Breathe well
Laugh often
It's about everything

It's a journey to find a healthier happier Life
so mistakes and slips are tolerable, Don't feel guilty, just realize your mistake and start over, Take it easy :)
Life's supposed to be fun :D

So... try to be open to new things, learn more everyday
and you'll be amazed that you become healthier without even trying
you'll have your best weight without even counting calories and limiting your food intake
you'll learn to listen to your body and choose what's best to eat.
you'll enjoy every meal, sharing food with families and friends
you'll live a happy healthy balanced life
It's the essence of The Healthy Life Diet
or whatever other name you want to call it
It's your Life, start living it and enjoy it with a smile, always :)

0 comments: