Sunday, December 6, 2009

So, what do you eat ?

What am I supposed to eat ?

well, what do you usually eat ?
burgers ? hotdogs ?
bagels ? cupcakes ? donuts ?
the best cheesecake in the world ?
gourmet meal of foie gras lathered in expensive butter ?
traditional home cooked food ?

Start with eating more vegetables.
If you absolutely hate vegetables.
Cut them up in small pieces and Mix them with your ordinary food and you won't even feel the vegs.
Add more vegs as you go along.
In time you'll enjoy eating vegetables and even just vegetables.



Try the simple Italian style salad of mixed raw vegetables and olive oil + salt
add croutons / little cubes of baked bread for extra crunch.
or onion rings even.
I know I said refined flour is not good and fried food is bad.
But I find adding little bits of those stuff makes me really really enjoy my salad and makes me so happy and satisfied :)
so I allow it from time to time.

I can't eat raw carrots, I just don't like it, but when I grate them into thin strips, I enjoy eating them raw.
I used to hate the taste of parsley, but mixed with fresh tomatoes, like a tabouli, I totally enjoy it and now I can eat parsley with anything.
As you go along, you'll find new "tricks"
It all takes time and getting used to.

What about fruits ?
A fruit juice is a whole lot better than drinking soft drinks.
A fruit smoothie is a whole lot better than drinking milkshakes.
Fruit slices are a whole lot better than eating cupcakes.

then there are nuts and seeds and sprouts
Sprouts in particular are really good for you because they are "Live" food
they are filled with beneficial enzymes and nutrients.
(well, so are fresh raw fruits and vegs)

Try to avoid these,
but if you can't, Be in Control and eat little portion only of :
- sugar
- fried food
- refined carbs (white rice, white flour, potato)
choose brown rice, whole wheat flour, sweet potato instead
I find that I'm doing fine by not eating most carbs, but you should listen to your body and decide for yourself what's best.

I know it may be a lot harder when you're always busy and you have little time to eat properly.
It's easier when you're at home and you have time to prepare a healthy meal.
But Do at least try to choose Healthier Food.
Make an effort... :)
Mix in more of the healthy stuff with your daily food
and trust me, after a while, you'll want more of those healthier food.

If it sounds un-do-able
Just try baby steps....
and know that you're taking care of yourselves
and before you know it.
You'll look better, you'll have a better skin, better health, a happier Life.
Just try....one step at a time :)

0 comments: